12.15.2009

Mini home tour...


It's been a really long time since I've shown photos of our house. We were going to do one on a bigger blog, but that won't run until next year and, since I know things will change around here and I'll have new photos, I thought I'd share some images with you first. We moved to this house in early November, about a week after Kicky was born. It was built in the early 1950's and is the house that my dad and his five siblings grew up in. It has a huge backyard for EZ E to run wild and we're surrounded by very sweet old people who watch our house/us like hawks...well, with the exception of the neighbors across the street, one of whom I heard vomiting in our yard the other evening (thanks for that, a-holes). Anyways, we like living here and are finally unpacked, so here are some photos of the new house. The image above is my little office where I write posts every day. The blue cabinet was a gift from PRH and the desk and chair came from a Buffalo thrift store (amvets on Elmwood for those in that area). The rug is from Urban Outfitters...when we lived by one that was good (Urban, if you're listening, the one in Ithaca needs to have stuff for the house!).


Next up is EZ E's playroom. The kid-sized chairs came from the thrift store, the table came from my grandfather (who probably pulled it off a curb somewhere...it's in my genes), I made the curtains and the garland, and the rug is from ikea. EZ E's house is an ongoing cardboard box collaboration. :)


This is the other side of EZ E's playroom, where all of his dress up stuff hangs out. PRH made the coat hook a million years ago and it's hung nice and low, so EZ E can reach his stuff. I used to work at a picture book museum, so our babes have a ton of picture books (this is a little less than half of their collection). I made the fox, doll, and bunnies on the shelf. My friend Kathleen made the owl, the celery (?) man and bear are both from Giant Robot, and the rest are gifts from friends.


This last photo is our dining room. Our friends Rachael and Jake made the table, the chairs are Heywood Wakefield from a church yard sale for $1 each (best score ever), the red shelf is from a school auction site, and the highchair is a Geuther highchair that we ordered from amazon (it doesn't look like it's available there anymore).

OK, I'm signing off for the rest of the day because I have a ton to get done. Let me know if I missed anything in the photos that you have questions about. xo, Abbey

7 comments:

Anna said...

wow that blue cupboard is absolutely amazing! my parents have an old pie safe this color.
and I am glad you mentioned that rug is from ikea. we had one from target & it is falling apart. what a great find for 14.99!

Amelia said...

oh how gorgeous! I want one like this and a work space . . . .

One day!

Amelia.x

mamaayanna said...

your home feels so european to me. I love how you made it look. very cool

sosser said...

beautiful! i love the way you put a room together. i've been curious about your new place and so happy to sneak a peek... i just can't figure out how you did all this with a newborn and a toddler

April said...

Abby, this is a totally boring question, but how do you get the clock for your desktop? It looks great and I could really use another (huge) reminder of the time.

Love your house!

April said...

Never mind, I found it!

http://www.9031.com/downloads/screensavers.html

It's the fliquo pata pata clock.

michelle allen said...

LOVE your space! so fresh, cheery and smart looking. did you paint/stencil on your globe?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...