12.10.2009

Don't read this, grandma...


Hey grandma, gift spoiler ahead...don't read this. I know I usually don't post late, but PRH and I had a great gift idea to share with you. We've been trying to come up with gifts for our grandmothers that are meaningful rather than just another tchotchke to add to their shelves. Both of our grandmothers live alone and rarely cook anymore, so we decided to make them each lunch for a week. I picked up freezer-safe containers (that are also microwave-safe), the ingredients for five different kinds of soups, and some cute labels. I've been making one or two soups per day, packaging them, and tossing them in the freezer. A few cloth napkins and all of the soups nestled in a basket...grandma will be in business. I think this is a great idea for folks who already have everything and who enjoy home-cooked meals. What about you? Any good gift ideas?

*photo from
martha stewart

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Great idea! I'm going to pre-mix pancake mix (only the dry ingrediaents, of course) and cornbread mix, etc, and put them in a pretty jar. Ribbon around the neck with the instructions. Beautiful, useful, and yummy.

Anna said...

Wonderful idea Abbey!! I know Grandma will love it...and I'm duly jealous!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Love you!!

kelly ♥ said...

I'm not even a grandma and I wish someone would do that for me!!

sosser said...

this is the best idea! it's a gift anyone would love

rachel / Red Lips Vintage said...

really awesome and thoughtful!

plus, making soup can be so fun!

Sharon said...

Cool idea! I also like Shannon's idea of pre-mix pancake mix ~ thanks :)

Anonymous said...

love it!! ~ Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...