11.10.2009

What to wear...




I was reading The Lettered Cottage blog recently and she mentioned that their house was being photographed for a magazine. The magazine editors wanted her and her husband to send photos of outfits that they liked so the wardrobe crew could bring clothes for them to wear. I guess I never realized that magazines did that and then I started thinking about (OK...obsessively thinking about) what I'd wear if a magazine ever came to photograph our house (not that I ever expect this to happen). Here are a few of my choices from JCrew (middle and bottom) and a photo from The Sartorialist (top). What I've come to discover is that I like layers and that I'm not very good at making fashion decisions. If left to my own devices, I'm confident that I'd end up looking like a pile of frumpy cardigans thrown over old-lady necklaces and crappy jeans. What would you wear?

3 comments:

jacklyn said...

very nice! now to find my inspirational photos!

Vicki @ Piccolo Takes All said...

I'm with you on the second and third images...as long as they don't come with heels. I'm short, but I'm all about comfort. And at this time of the year, I may need an extra layer thrown on. :)

Heather -Gathering Spriggs said...

I am right there with you Abby!! I love what you chose. I have actaully been trying to use the jcrew philosophy of dressing this fall , trying to find that perfect balance between hip/modern fashionista fused with vintage acccessories and fun sweaters. i definitely can go a little too far with my granny sweaters, brooches and costume jewelry. there is something about perfect editing in jcrew that i admire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...