11.24.2009

Jane Austen is my bff...


You all already know that I'm a HUGE dork when it comes to period movies. I love me some Jane Austen. Last night I thought it was due time for the babies and I to watch Pride and Prejudice. EZ E kept asking things like, "What happened to guy?" and "why girl yelling?" and "what happen next, mama?" (I'm not trying to make him sound all cave man...he's two). We didn't make it very far into the movie, but I like to imagine the three of us (PRH will have no part of this) snuggled on the couch under this lovely quilt by daintytime watching period movies. It will happen, PRH. It will happen.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I watched P&P last night too! No kiddies around but I was under a snuggly blanket. It was over too quick...

Diana said...

I've watched that movie five times at least. So good! I was thinking I should start a blog called Every Costume Film EVER. Right now I'm in the middle of the BBC 1983 version of Mansfield Park. Not good. Yesterday I saw Persuasion again. Plain and good. Check out this site:
http://www.costumersguide.com/cr_ma.shtml

Emily Anne said...

You are no dork! I new you were cool with all your blunt talk and sayin' it like it is about everything but now I think even more of you. If you tell me you are also a fan of Josh Groban, then I will think you an even rad-er person!
And FYI, I just watched two miniseries on netflix that were pretty good- North And South, and the other was Wives And Daughters. Oh and I'm just curious which Pride And Predjudice you like more. The older A&E or the 2007 version with Kiera Knightly?

Anonymous said...

i've worn out my P&P disks too, so i was psyched to find this new BBC emma miniseries on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cat4fab
it's in 10-minute segments, so maybe more conducive to watching with toddlers. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...