10.01.2009

Conscious...



I really do make an effort to be environmentally conscious...I recycle everything, carry a re-usable tote with me at all times, etc. The problem is that I end up carrying around a million extras in my effort to be more responsible. The coffee cuff from contexture is something I could get behind though. Wearing a coffee cozy would be so much better than carrying it in my already full bag. 'An elegant wooden bracelet that can slip off your wrist and onto your coffee cup'...hell yes!

*found via swiss miss

7 comments:

Emily said...

While it's a cool idea, the photo is so not. Why wouldn't they show it on her rist and then on the coffee cup.

emily 2 said...

i was going to say the same thing, emily.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

I totally agree with both of you! It's amazing how much product photos can make a difference.

6p00e553feb2ab8834 said...

Still, a great idea! I would never have thought of that...maybe they will do a re-shoot now! Very cool...

Morgan said...

Hmmm... buying something else so you can save a small piece of paper every time you drink a cup of coffee. Which comes in a cup that I think is usually non-recyclable with a plastic lid, both of which you're going to throw away? I think this is a case of greenwashing. It would be better to try to cut down on the amount of coffee you buy out or get a thermos that you can reuse if you do buy coffee a lot. I think the cuff is really pretty, though, and I guess every little bit helps. I kind of tend to think these things make people feel like they're helping alleviate the climate crisis when in actuality there are much bigger changes that most people should make if we're actually going to make a difference.

& now I feel like a big old bummer! I really do think it's a beautiful cuff! I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade!

sosser said...

still. it's pretty brilliant.

Anonymous said...

I know its another thing to lug around but why not try a keep cup?
www.keepcup.com.au
save those wonderul trees :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...