9.07.2009

Sewing lesson...



You may remember these amazing dresses (designed and sewn by blogger katie did) that I posted a while ago. And you may also remember me saying that I don't really know how to sew clothing. Well, I sat down for a lesson with my mom yesterday and FINALLY made my version of the katie did dress. It's the first garment I've ever sewn and it took hours, but overall I think it turned out pretty well. The actual color of the dress is more mustardy than in the top photo (closer to the bottom photo). I ended up using New Look (pattern number 6692) and made the largest size with the hope that Kicky can wear it for her first birthday. It may be that long before I sew another garment. :) What do you think?

8 comments:

Kylie said...

You've just started on a long very satisfying journey...! This is how I learned to sew and from there you can tackle or teach yourself just about anything - it is so much fun. Congratulations - it's a beautiful job + I hope you enjoy making many more creations :) K

compulsively compiled said...

Adorable. Good job. I want one for myself.

joolee said...

Love it. I'll have to try a dress like that for my daughter. Sewing is such a fabulous hobby - to create something within a couple of hours (maybe more, with kids around your ankles :) ) is so satisfying! Here's to many more projects!

kara said...

beautiful!!! I love it!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks, everyone! I'll keep you posted on future sewing projects. :)

sosser said...

great job! i love the color combo and that stitched ruffle embellishment... i've been thinking of adding something like it to everything i own this fall :)

Freshly Found said...

Gorgeous! And so forward thinking - now you just have to bake the cake and send out the invites for her 1st birthday party!!!

Laurie said...

Good job! I don't know if I could do that! I taught myself to sew about a year ago!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...