9.22.2009

Bender...



I'm on a crafting bender. I went into this mode when I was pregnant for EZ E too, so I'm not surprised. Here's the doll I made for Kicky. She's a little wonky in spots, but I'm OK with that. I wanted her to be a cross between a regular doll and a rag doll...hence the floppy, unstuffed arms and legs. I didn't use a pattern, but was largely inspired by the dolls at Project Grab Bag and Nooshka. Now I just have to finish that damn quilt. I'm appliquéing the letters (all 26...you suck, English alphabet) and it's a pain. I don't even want to admit what letter I'm on. I'll make more of an effort this week and will try to have photos soon. I swear!

8 comments:

mandiegirl said...

So cute! :)

6p00e553feb2ab8834 said...

The doll is adorable--wonky and perfect. And you know what? Kicky won't care a whit if you don't get that quilt done. Rest, my friend--it's all much more tiring the second time around...:o)

Jackie Kersh said...

adorable. your little gal will love it!

Irene said...

Oh I love your little doll. My son always wanted a stuffed animal with him, but when he went to school I thought the kids would give him a hard time about that so we came up with a pocket pal. soon he was asking for pocket pals for his friends, no pattern just a wonky piece of fabric with eyes. And the alphabet thing, know the feeling, I've done that as well, 9months of pregnancy is just not long enough is it?

sosser said...

that doll is the best! i am especially fond of her flowery hair.

my son is 27 and i still haven't finished his quilt :)

Teddy Started It said...

love the doll -- those arms & legs are just perfect for chewing on. As for the quilt...I just 'handed down' the cradel bedding I never finished for my daughter (that's what she gets for arriving a few days early.) Maybe Grandma Susan will finish it before the new baby makes her debut;p

Tania said...

She's lovely - especially with the wonky spots (can't even see 'em). Bummer about those bits of the alphabet with curves.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

:) Thanks, everyone!
xo, Abbey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...