8.24.2009

PSA...


I know I've said it before, but PRH and I love Buffalo-based Hero Design Studio. Beth and Mark are super talented artists and totally help make Buffalo the great town it is. This weekend I was floored when I read this post on their blog (here's part of it below):

Local publication, Artvoice, stole original artwork that we created for the band Iron & Wine and altered it VERY slightly for a full page back cover ad, advertising their publication and their upcoming "Fall Arts" Issue. They even used our color scheme and textures. All of the major elements of the full page ad were stolen directly from our poster and used without our knowledge or permission!

You may remember this post that I wrote just a couple of weeks ago about a grad student ripping off an artist's work. I honestly can't believe how often I've been hearing about this sort of stuff lately (it even happened to me a couple of weeks ago) and I think it's really important to help spread the news. Any questions about copyright? Take a look here or
here. Oh, and while you're out and about be sure to take a look at Hero's website and blog.

2 comments:

Mim Smith Faro said...

Sad. As one person said in their comment section- being inspired is one thing! But this is a blatant cut and paste of two artists works.

Poppy K said...

If you hear anything about the resolution of any of these cases I'd be interested to hear - I hope the theives get their comeuppance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...