7.06.2009

Sibling stories...


You may be wondering, "why all of the soothing pictures on Aesthetic Outburst today, Abbey"? Well, this weekend we were invited to a small BBQ at my brother-in-law's house (PRH's only sibling). We were already bringing beer, hot dog and hamburger buns, and a salad to the party and were literally on our way to his house when he called PRH's phone and asked us to stop and buy a grill and charcoal. A GRILL AND CHARCOAL! Apparently he had forgotten to pick up the essentials for his 4th of July BBQ! Note to brother-in-laws out there: do NOT invite your brother, his insanely-pregnant wife, and their grumpy two-year old to your house for a BBQ and ask them to buy a grill on their way! We're laughing about it now, but I seriously wanted to kill him yesterday. I'd hate to think that I'm alone in the land of dumb-ass siblings. Do any of you have any good family stories to share?

*photo from shandeh

7 comments:

Stash said...

that's a good one
we had a similar day yesterday
we brought our own food to his family's picnic and ended up cooking theirs and letting them eat ours until theirs was done
could write a book on wacky in-laws cause i've got 'em on all sides

Nancy said...

Um...I seriously think I would have said no and turned around and went home. That's just too much. But that's a man for you. Forgetting the most obvious things. Sigh.

Teddy Started It said...

I'm an only child, and have always wanted a sibling -- I think you're story has cured me of my "sibling envy" problem. OMG! The grill AND the fuel?!?!? What did he provide?

Claire said...

LOL your story is funny.

My sister's wedding was an informal event with the reception held at the local Pony Club 'shed' with a potluck dinnner. My dad provided a spit roast lamb and I thought the guests had been asked to bring salad and veges to round out the meal... I'm not sure what happened, but the guests didn't bring anything... so we had one bowl of salad, a whole lamb, a loaf of bread and a plate full of fancy cheeses (provided by me LOL). The salad was quickly devoured by large number of vegetarians my dad had invited at the last minute. Regardless, it was a lovely party with lots of laughter and music (provided by the groom and his band) and even a game of Cricket :-).

Laurie said...

That is NUTS! Also very funny. But I'm sure it wasn't at the time! Unfortunately, none of my wacky family stories are actually funny so I'm not gonna share...

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is wacky. :) Keep your stories coming! I love it!

platinum blonde said...

haha, that is ridiculous. but you are sooo not alone! my brother would totally do that but worse...he would ask you to bring the grill, but also all of the food, drinks, plates, forks, etc.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...