6.19.2009

Bad etiquette...


You are not going to believe this! Yesterday I found a vintage Eames Lounge chair on craigslist for $100! When I called the guy, however, he said it had sold three days ago. Yes, THREE days ago. My message to you, Mr. I-Leave-My-Posts-Up-Forever...take your damn post down! Arrggghhhhhhhhhhh!!! Responsible citizens do not let people like me think they're about to make the best score on earth and then say something like, "Oh, duh...it sold three days ago. Ah duh". I even went hunting on the Living, etc. website looking for furniture placement inspiration. Damn you. On a happier note, I've decided to never have curtains again because of this photo. Hello again, sunshine!

3 comments:

Vicki @ Piccolo Takes All said...

Really, there is no excuse. Although I never get my hopes up about Craigslistings. I usually email, and tyically get no response at all. How's that for etiquette???

panoptica said...

That's soooooooooooooooooooooo sad... I've always wanted one of those chairs. I know I'll get one someday... when I have the money...

Back Garage said...

Holy crap! I had the same experience in Milwaukee last month. Authentic Eames lounge in the tan color -- looked beautiful. Guy said it "didn't quite fit" in his place so he was selling it for SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS. We made an appointment to meet and three hours before we were supposed to drive up there he called to say he had second thoughts and was no longer selling it. I... was so angry. What did I do to deserve this bad CL karma? Well, maybe I can think of some things...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...