5.21.2009

Collected...



I saw these on Laura Normandin's site and have had them saved on my desktop forever. Here's what she says about this collection:

The wife of the janitor at my aunt's school in Kansas City died several years and somehow I inherited a ton of amazing craft stuff, all diligently organized. She clipped and filed and organized every little scrap of paper. Over the years I've moved it around from place to place, and we are moving again soon! I decided to frame some of the quilt patterns. I love that many of them are many from newspaper clippings, chipboard from food packaging or other scraps. The shapes are graphic when displayed together. I think a quilt would also be nice if it had all these shapes appliqued on randomly, although that would be quite time consuming.

I also love the idea of someone organizing all of these scraps of paper. Plus they're so beautiful, particularly when grouped together and framed like this.

1 comment:

The Stapelia Company said...

What a nice display or random paper and the story makes it wonderful. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...