5.07.2009

Collected...




We've all lost luggage, so I think Is This Your Luggage is brilliant. Here are the details from the site:
I collect lost luggage, photograph it, and then try to find the owners. It's a little odd but not as odd as stamp collecting, just a little harder to find storage space. When a bag gets lost the airport or airline will store it for a while and try to find the owner. If they can't identify the owner of the case they send it to be auctioned off with the profit going to charity. I go to these auctions and buy the cases so I can photograph them for my weird voyeuristic passion. The reason for the website? I would really like to try to find the people who own my suitcases, so if you have any friends who have lost a case please get them to have a look.
How hysterical and bizarre is that?! How do you think someone would even get started with this collecting hobby? See more here.
*found via swiss miss

3 comments:

sosser said...

this is one of the best things i've seen lately! thanks for the link :)

Eyeliah @ stylesymmetry.com said...

So cool, thanks so much for sharing. So crazy to see the intimate details of someones holiday.

Laurie said...

This is really too cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...