2.05.2009

Collected...


I'm loving these panoramic vintage photos. I can't remember where I found this image*, but this seems like such a "grown-up" collection. Sometimes I feel like some of my collections (and our decor in general) are remnants of my early college days. These vintage photos somehow seem more sophisticated. You can find your own here. Also, if you're interested in photo displays, take a look at this lovely post on simple song.

*(I thought it may have come from Automatism, but I'm not sure. If you know where it came from, please let me know.)

5 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

I love this image. It's rare to see so many images of this aspect ratio displayed in a domestic setting. I think it feels contemporary (in terms of the form) even though the subject matter is traditional. It's slightly jarring, but in a very good way!

flaming coppercat said...

and the furniture too!

Nancy Topolski delicately perched said...

Abbey, Thanks for this post it has inspired me to do something similar to the walL along our stairs. I wanted to wall paper that wall, but I went and wall papered a nearby wall so now this image has made me think of painting dark colored rectangular frames and maybe putting different images in each of them - decal, drawings when the are found they can go in the spaces that are there. I really like the way the shapes reflect the stair treads' shape. Thanks so much for all your great posts.

Round Rabbit said...

Hmmmm... could it be that my Pee Wee Herman collection is not sophisticated or grown-up?

automatism said...

Nope, it wasn't me — though I may very well post this now that I've seen it! I love this photo. Panoramic photography fascinates me, and I love how they've been displayed here.

Lori

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...