1.13.2009

3D...





Yesterday was our first day back to school. This will be my final semester (holy crap) and my thesis project is in highgear. I'm also teaching screenprinting this semester and came across these amazing pieces by Christa Donner. We saw her speak once at UMass and I loved her work then...I especially like her cut paper pop-ups above. You can see more of her work here. I'm hoping that my students are inspired by these pieces and decide to make their own three-dimensional screenprints. Go 3D, paper people!

5 comments:

jacklyn said...

love this!

sMacThoughts said...

That is quite lush. Amazing!

Paula McGurdy said...

Hi Abbey, I just recently came across your blog, which I'm really enjoying! Really like Christa Donner's work, how amazing are her paper sculptures?! I had a look at her website & was quite thrilled to see some of her work is also based around anatomy, something which I'm concentrating on in my own work. Thanks for the insight!
Paula x

Joetta said...

i forgot all about her...thanks for the reminder:)

visualinfluenceblog.com said...

awesome work. more and more people doing amazing things with paper.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...