12.04.2008

Collected...



Remember when I said something a couple of weeks ago about my mom's *amazing* charm bracelet? Well, here it is...I snapped a couple of photos when we were visiting for the holiday and they just don't do it justice. The sheer quantity is impressive though. I bought her the bracelet and just a few charms several years ago...and mom (diligently) collected the rest. She does a lot of traveling so some of the charms are from various states/countries, and others are from antique stores and flea markets. My personal favorites are the camper, the little round piece of wood (we gave that to her when we told her I was pregnant with EZ E), and the Volkswagen. I also have a charm bracelet that pales in comparison...maybe I'll show it when it's a little bit closer to *amazing*. :)

3 comments:

Jogirl said...

Hi There,
Wow my mum has one like this, I love it, I remeber it from being a kid, I love the stories behind each and every one.

I have been visiting your blog for awhile now, I have commented sometimes and lurked at others and just wanted to let you know about my new store(s) on etsy and madeit.
I am having a giveaway on my blog to celebrate.
Please pop on over and have a look, and enter to win a fabulous prize.
www.jogirlsjourney.blogspot.com

Cheers

Jogirl

Anairam said...

Oh my goodness! This is the Charm Bracelet Extraordinaire! - the one to beat all charm bracelets!

I posted about my one (with charms I 'made' myself) here: http://fraiing.blogspot.com/2008/10/charmed-im-sure.html but I'm afraid it doesn't come near your mom's one!

WEE-HOO said...

I love charm bracelets too--I make them out of unusual stuff. (I'll post a photo on my blog.) But, I collect charms for my daughter--every place we go I'm hunting for silver charms. Some places are easier to find charms than others. They do feel so personal. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...