12.29.2008

Before and after...



We're still running around, so this week's posts will be a bit different than usual. My brother and father bought and have been remodeling a very old farmhouse for the last eight months or so. I was sick when we were home for Thanksgiving and didn't get to see it, but went up to check it out yesterday. I had to show the before and after images because I think the transformation is pretty incredible. They didn't tear anything down...it's all just been stabilized and remodeled. Take a look...



These rocks were collected from the property around the farmhouse and my dad piled them up underneath part of the porch. They're planning to continue around under the entire porch when they have more time for rock-hunting. :)


The outside is almost finished and they're still working on the inside, so I'll show photos when it's all done. What do you think so far?

16 comments:

Meg said...

What a great transformation. So cozy. Is it going to be your brother's permanent residence?

sk8ordiehard said...

AMAZING!! Can I live there?

C. said...

I think your family is literally living my dream of fixing up an old farmhouse. It looks fantastic!

Birddog10 said...

Beautiful transformation. I love the colors. I can't wait to see the inside.

ruralmamma said...

oh my goodness it is so great.. we would have torn down for sure.. so neat!

belinda said...

Looks fantastic!
I love how they have not torn any part down, but repaired and remodelled.
Can't wait to see the inside...

Mim Smith Faro said...

Wow! That's awesome. I love the color. And I love the idea of collecting rocks from the property. What will they do with it when they finish? Will the flip it or will a family member stay there?

I grew up with parents who remodeled a really old house while we lived there and I have interesting memories of the process.

Can't wait to see the rest.

Rachael said...

I can't believe how amazing this looks! Jake's mom is renovating a house and I just saw how much work goes into projects like this. Your family must be exhausted and pretty happy to see how it's coming along. Love the color, too!

chiara said...

it's beautiful! how wonderful.

Leila said...

Wow! That's awesome! I would love to have my own house to remodel / play with so I'll have fun watching the progress on your family's.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks, everyone! My parents and brother will appreciate your lovely comments. One of my brothers (the middle one) will live there when the house is finished...hopefully by the end of the month.

lsaspacey said...

LOVE it! This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me happy. I'm so glad this house wasn't turned down, made into a huge house, or was flipped for a huge profit. I hope your brother has a wonderful life in that wonderful home built with love by his family members. What a great story to tell.

Marti said...

Beautiful (and hard) work! Talent clearly runs in your family.

Leisa said...

The porch is beautiful! Mmmm... i love porches.

jacklyn said...

love it! really love the new color!

Good-Grace said...

THIS is fabulous. I just love that they didn't treat it as a tear down. GREAT JOB!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...