11.13.2008

Collected...


I've been meaning to write a Collected post about charm bracelets for a long time. My mom and best friend both have *amazing* charm bracelets and I also have one...definitely not as amazing. I stopped in my tracks when I saw this one though. It belongs to comfies (I think her real name is Danica).
In her words: "the story is that it belonged to my grandmother on my mother's side. each of my cousins is represented by a charm. we're all on there. and since my grandmother died, it's been in the safe hands of my aunt audrey. she is the best aunt, a person i greatly love and admire..."
This bracelet stood out to me because it's extraordinarily sentimental in a way I adore and totally appeals to my love of silhouettes...and the names. Oh my! Comfies/Danica (?) also has a lovely blog and makes really cute softies. Below are a couple more of her photos that I thought were really pretty.


5 comments:

lillie said...

i LOVE that idea for a charm bracelet. i've always wanted one myself. would love to hear about your mom & friend's!

comfies said...

wow! thank you for this sweet post!!! what an honor. and yes, that bracelet is pretty amazing isn't it? i'm glad someone else thinks so too!

Eyeliah @ stylesymmetry.com said...

I love my charm bracelet. I never wear it thou, how silly.

Abbey Goes Design Scouting said...

I love that rabbit softie! And the charm bracelet too!

Elise of Argyle Whale said...

i forgot about the charm bracelet I had as a young girl. I wonder if my mom kept it. I would definitely wear it again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...