10.06.2008

I'd like to know...


Today is Monday, so that means it's time for I'd like to know, a weekly post dedicated to talented artists, designers, musicians, etc...all people I'd like to know and who I thought you may like to know of too. Today I'd like to know...Kathie Olivas. I've never gotten into buying vinyl toys...until I saw these posted on Hero's blog. I seriously thought, "Damn it. This is not going to be good.". These are the second part of Kathie Olivas's Scavengers series and I think they're so creepy and so fabulous. Once Beth from Hero showed me the beautiful little clam shell packaging they come in I knew I was sunk. Then today there was a sneak peek on Design Sponge and the home-owner has one of the characters...well, I decided it was a sign and scooped them all up on ebay. So bad! Kathie Olivas also makes really bizarre paintings, prints and sculptures...check them out here...but only if you don't mind being poor.

3 comments:

Hero Design Studio + Boutique said...

OMG you got the whole first series?? Yay I love love love those!!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

I did! You're a bad influence. HA. :)

Hero Design Studio + Boutique said...

Series 2 literally just showed up at my door. OMG are they the cutest!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...