10.16.2008

Collected...




Our friend Duncan, a very talented sculptor, came for dinner recently and was telling PRH and I about how much he loved vintage wood foundry patterns. I had never heard of them before, but promptly looked them up. They're incredibly beautiful, hand-crafted pieces of sculpture. According to this site foundry patterns are "wood positives that were used to create molds for machinery parts". Today's Collected post is dedicated to these interesting artifacts (thanks, Dunc!). They're also relatively inexpensive and would make great gifts for artsy friends...or me. :)

2 comments:

neryl said...

ooo I love these!

sarahelizabeth said...

I posted about your genericZINEexchange project today, and then found your blog! Initially I found out about the exchange through the Book Art Newsletter. So happy that you have this amazing blog as well! You will be promptly added to my blogroll :) I make a zine too so I am hoping to make your deadline. Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...