9.10.2008

Zine exchange...


Most of you probably already know that we live in Buffalo because I'm getting my master's degree in art (drawing/printmaking to be exact). Most of you also probably know that I love zines and am an avid collector. Well, I'm excited to announce that I'm working with a fellow grad this semester to organize an international zine exchange. You all are, of course, invited to participate...and please feel free to invite others. We're hoping for a really huge response to this project and purposely left the theme as generic as possible in order to be as inclusive as possible (it's even called the 'generic zine exchange'). The details are on our website. As usual, please let me know if you have any questions. The image above is the cover of my zine for the exchange...I just finished it today. Now it's your turn!

13 comments:

binal said...

Oh I love zines too!
I have been making zines and making a zine distribution for years now.

This is such a wonderful idea, abbey!

Phil said...

Dave (or you) spelled participants wrong on the website.

Nancy Topolski delicately perched said...

I am really excited about the zine exchange - thanks for all the great work you do to bring artists together and always having interesting blog posts!

The Boomerang said...

Love this idea! Hope you all have a great turnout!

The Boomerang said...

love this idea! Hope you all have a great turnout!

Paint-Me-Dioxazine said...

WOO! sounds like fun. I was pointed towards your blog through Poppytalk and can't wait to read more. I'm even thinking about putting together a zine for the trading. Great Idea!

porter hovey said...

Ohhh! How much fun!!

rocio said...

I love this idea, I'll definitely be participating!

ColleenBaran said...

This sounds great already! And makes me what to make a zine again!

I'm passing it on on my blog.

Ellie said...

wow! i'll definitely put this on my blogs, i think it's a great idea!

sosser said...

i'm so excited about this challenge, abbey! i've never made a zine in my life but i think it's time i start :)

phone lookup said...

That's really great. I especially dig your textures in the bird. I can't tell you how many art students that I have encountered who don't at least try to make an effort to apply what they have learned. Great work as usual :)

Claire said...

yep... I'm interested :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...