9.09.2008

Think...


I'm on a sign-making kick and would like to make a 'think' sign that I can hold up with someone isn't using their brain to its fullest capacity. Sort of like scoring cards that Olympic judges use but...cuter. A pictograph always seems to take away the sting a bit, don't you agree? Fortunately, Paul Rand already made 'think' signs for IBM and the awesome logo above (read a little more here). I will openly admit that I have a special place in my heart for the paper holder below (photo from ahaarrm). My dad used to work for IBM and had the same one. Dad, if you still have it...it told me that it likes hot wings and cold weather.


I actually 'think' this sign will work well for my cause though (image from Howdy, I'm H. Michael Karshis). Slap a popsicle stick on it and I'll be set. I'd even consider adding the word 'please'.
T-H-I-N-K
-p-l-e-a-s-e-
Perfect. p-l-e-a-s-e excuse my rant.

4 comments:

Dragonfly said...

THINK makes me think of Grandpa, and Uncle Walt. I have a notebook like that with Grandpa's handwritting, and Uncle Walt has a THINK plaque like the one pictured...

Shell said...

I could use one of those signs, I tell ya! I'd stick it up in front of my own face quite a lot I reckon. Haha!

Anonymous said...

the theme THINK is so simple and eloquent - but does make you THINK. beauty in simplicity

sosser said...

love this. i had to incorporate the command into my email address for a similar reason :) and if you do make think paddles, please put them in your etsy shop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...