9.01.2008

I'd like to know...


Last week my best friend's grandfather died, our dear friends gave birth to a beautiful baby boy (hello, Arlo!), and EZ E mastered the art of walking. On Friday morning PRH, EZ E, and I loaded up the car and headed to my parent's house to attend the funeral and also to celebrate our best boy's earliest weeks of walking. PRH and I grew up about 45 minutes from each other, but didn't meet until college. We were busting ass bartending at a Red Lobster trying to save money to go back to college...I have no idea why he'd want to date me when I smelled like drawn butter and a bucket of chum??? Anyways, I digress...we quit the Red Lobster gig, moved away right after we met, and have lived in various locations for the past seven years. It's always in times of extraordinary happiness and tragedy, however, that I get incredibly homesick and wish that we lived closer to our family and friends. Fall is also my favorite time of year, the time when I feel the happiest and most energetic and when the hills of my hometown are filled with gorgeous red, orange, and yellow leaves. So, in celebration of 'home', this week I'd like to know...the talented gal behind J Davis Studio. I've been admiring her work for a while and would love one of the 'neighborhood rings' pictured above. I could smell like a garbage dump and this jewelry would still kick ass...the true test of jewelry, right? OK...maybe not. And maybe I shouldn't say ass two (oops...now three) times in one post.



2 comments:

C. said...

Her stuff is great! I really love the house and tree circle necklace. And what a cool and unexpected housewarming gift!

porter hovey said...

What a touching story. Always gives us a moment to think about our own lives. But do love that ring. Super cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...