9.17.2008

Buffed in Buffalo part II...





I've been thinking about these photos that I took around our dear Buffalo and have been incorporating chunky blocks of color into my drawings lately. There's something so interesting to me about the way people paint over (buff out) graffiti. We watched the film The Subconscious Art of Graffiti Removal by Matt McCormick. It's brilliant! If you just can't get enough, take a look at the flickr group The Secret Art of Graffiti Removal. Awesome!
Odd side note: we found out tonight that EZ E is afraid of 1970's Billy Joel. PBS showed a 70's BIlly Joel concert and EZ E wanted to dance, but would cry and run away from the television whenever he caught a glimpse of Billy Joel singing. I can hear myself now..."BIlly Joel said go to bed!"

6 comments:

sweetcheese said...

I certainly don't want to laugh at EZ E's discomfort, but I think a fear of Billy Joel is probably the most hilarious phobia I've heard of.

Michelle said...

I'm scared of Billy Joel from any era. I cry and runaway whenever I see him singing too!

sMacThoughts said...

That is hilarious about Billy Joel, and you have a gorgeous blog. Will be checking back!

poppy said...

so intriquing!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

It is pretty hilarious. I felt bad at first, but then couldn't stop laughing. I can imagine the years of therapy now.

sosser said...

abbey, that is so funny... and i have almost the exact same photo of the "new!" sign blocked over with brown paint from my neighborhood in chicago!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...