7.30.2008

Stung...




PRH and I had a thrifting date today while EZ E was at school (it makes me feel less guilty to call it school as opposed to daycare). While we were store-hopping we actually got to talk to each other about something other than EZ E's runny nose, dirty diaper, or picky eating habits. We decided that one of our favorite things about Buffalo (besides the abundance of awesome thrift stores) is a young and active art scene. I mentioned Amanda Wachob on Monday and thought I'd show you the work of another local artist, Kara Daving. We saw one of her pieces at an art opening last weekend and it reminded me of how much I like her jellyfish series. They're acrylic painted on plastic bags and are really stunning. Here are a few of my faves and a photo to give you an idea of the scale.



Oh, and one more quick note...thank you so much for all of your lovely emails and comments about house-hunting. You are all so supportive and wonderful and it makes me feel so happy to be a part of such a great group of people. xo, Abbey

1 comment:

jeweledrabbit said...

Her work is amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...