7.28.2008

I'd like to know...




Today is Monday, so that means it's time for I'd like to know, a weekly post dedicated to talented artists, designers, musicians, etc...all people I'd like to know and who I thought you may like to know of too. Today I'd like to know...Amanda Wachob. PRH was in a show at Buffalo Arts Studio with Amanda and I totally loved her work. She's a western New York artist and, according to the Buffalo Arts Studio website, creates oil-on-canvas work inspired by vintage magazines, particularly those of the 1940’s, 50’s and 60’s. She questions ingrained societal notions of gender, class, and race by creating images that disorient the viewer and that distort these accepted ideas. These three paintings are my favorites, but you can see more of Wachob's work on her website.

2 comments:

jeweledrabbit said...

Her work looks very interesting.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

I love the paintings and poetry of Patrick John Mills. We are eagerly awaiting delivery of one of his paintings which is coming to us from a gallery in London, England. Here is his website:

http://www.patrickjohnmills.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...