7.21.2008

I'd like to know...




We're back from our week of wedding fun! My best friend is officially married and EZ E officially ate his first bite of junk food (really...it's OK, Mom). He's now very passionate about spray-cheese and we can't eat anything orange without him making an "eh eh eh" sound. :) While we were downstate I ditched PRH and EZ E and went to NYC with my mom and two of my aunts to see Wicked (so funny). We also stopped at Kinokuniya Books by Bryant Park. Julia had mentioned this Japanese bookstore a little while back and I was dying to go. By the time we were done with the play and dinner I only had about ten minutes, but it was SO worth it! If you're in NYC be sure to stop there and at The Strand. My aunt bought a hilarious book for me called Milk Eggs Vodka about people's lists (I'm an obsessive list-maker) and I bought PRH a beautiful book about Diana Cooper called Diana Cooper: Beyond The Line. I know I've written about her work before, but I'd still like to know...Diana Cooper. You can see more of her work on her website and pick up a copy of her book here. I really recommend reading more about her...she uses mundane materials like pipe cleaners and pom poms to make amazing installations. A woman after my own heart. Have a lovely day and I'll see you all tomorrow!

2 comments:

Scatterbrain Tal said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful artist with us!
I've been looking through her website and aside from her amazing constructions her drawings are so interesting.
I'm going to have a deeper look.:)

Abbey Goes Design Scouting said...

Sounds like fun! If you're in NYC again, shoot me an email -- I'd love to get coffee (and go book shopping!) xo Abbey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...