7.07.2008

I'd like to know...




Today is Monday, so that means it's time for I'd like to know, a weekly post dedicated to talented artists, designers, musicians, etc...all people I'd like to know and who I thought you may like to know of too. Today I'd like to know...tsilli. I heard about this artist via Black*Eiffel, a blog I always enjoy reading. I often use found paper in my own work and really respond to how "non-frivolous" these images seem to be. (is non-frivolous even a word?! Probably not. OK..no it isn't, but whatever.) Anyways, sometimes I wish I could restrain myself a bit and make work that was less fussy. Yes, I can already hear you saying...but you are quite fussy, Abbey. Maybe so. I know that I'm being quite fussy with regard to house-hunting. Today we looked at the smelliest house EVER. We were standing on the front porch waiting for our agent to let us in and I could literally smell the inside of the house from the outside. NASTY. Each crap house makes my lovely dream home look even better though. Our very patient agent called the other day and said, "You were right. We did the comps and the house you want is rather aggressively priced." and I thought, "you had me at you were right". Hearing that never gets old, does it? Ha! OK. I need to go off to bed because I've realized that I'm being a total shit today. Good night, my dears. I'll see you tomorrow with a big shop update. Oh, and don't forget to check out more of tsilli's work!

3 comments:

angela hardison said...

I'd like to know them too - those are lovely.

And by the way, I highly recommend being fussy with house hunting. Because I wasn't and I regret it now. Good luck with getting your dream home!

A COLLAGE A DAY said...

very nice work!
thanks for the link.

r.

Stevi said...

great minds think alike..I featured her work on my blog earlier in June...I love her work! and I love your blog!

http://gtbhome.blogspot.com/2008/06/general-accounting.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...