7.25.2008

Dollhouse...




How fantastic is this life-sized dollhouse by artist Heather Benning?! I saw it on ohdeedoh and couldn't resist sharing it here too. According to Art Moco: Heather Benning’s Dollhouse is a larger-than-life piece that was situated in a Saskatchewan field. The artist replaced the back of the house with Plexiglass, allowing for a typical dollhouse viewing. Inside, Benning had redecorated the abandoned house with furniture of the 1960s, when the house was left empty. You can read a bit more about this project here or here. I love it! Have a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

amazing. i immediately imagined real people living in there and others watching them in a sort of "truman show" kind of way.

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

How cute!! I'd love to stay there.

Leila said...

Wow! That's really cool. I'm searching the internet for more photos . . .

thewindhover said...

I love this. Its too cool... and those soft pastel colours on the walls, the white-painted sides of the stairs... and I love the idea of having one whole side of the house glass. Thank you for the link!

Michelle C. Moode said...

ah! great! a little creepy, in the best way.

michelle.

http://millionsofpeoplehappy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

How great is that! I absolutely love it, love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...