7.24.2008

Collected...


My parents collect paint-by-numbers. Well, actually PRH and I collect them and then give them to my parents. Is it weird that we're collecting a collection for them? OK...don't answer that. I love paint-by-numbers and think they're such a great thing to collect because they're inexpensive and easy to find...I had written "cheap and easy" but we need to keep things clean here on Aesthetic Outburst. This is a family show (...right). Anyways, my parents have been debating about how to hang all of their masterpieces (or perhaps they're just being kind)...either way, I came across a few ideas. The top image is from Better Homes and Gardens. The images below are from Country Living (via shelterrific)...


Josh and Drew...


and monsterpants...


I clearly like the idea of hanging them as a group, but that's just me. I'll keep you all posted when they make a decision about how to display their collection that has been collected for them.

10 comments:

NYC Jess said...

Too busy, I would scale it down to 1/4 the amount of art.

Jessie said...

I just re-painted the room where I display all of my paint by numbers - I was going to post new pictures tomorrow on my blog. Come check it out this weekend for just one more take on the paint by number gallery!

sweetcheese said...

I had dolls collected for me as I grew up and I eventually hated it. (Try getting a Malibu Barbie for your 15th birthday.) But if somebody had started a collection of vintage paint-by-numbers for me I would be in heaven!

Meander said...

oh I loooove these! So can you still actually buy paint by numbers to actually paint yourself? this needs to be researched - let me get on that.
love your blog, its adorable! thanks for the inspiring photos and have a lovely weekend.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Ooooo- Jessie, I'll take a look! You can still buy pbn's- they're for sale just about everywhere (Target, Staples, etc). The Malibu Barbie was the one with the tan lines, right? Hmmmmmm...yes, I'd prefer paint by numbers too.

Ashley L. said...

what a cool collection! i especially love the bedroom! :)

airlia said...

A paint by number was available once when we visited a dear friends summer home. Now that we have our own summer home we have them out for guests and are framing them as they are finished. We offer the same one (gondolas in Venice where we were married)each time and it is great to see how some people paint outside the lines and improvise.

Anonymous said...

note from A.O. mom. we love that our daughter and son-in-law love to collect, collections for us. After all, where do you think she got the "collection" habit from?????

lovely post

love,

mom

Annie I said...

I love these! Especially the top picture. I like the idea of grouping them also. And it's not crazy that you're creating a collection for someone else! This makes me want to collect paint by numbers myself!

Abbey Goes Design Scouting said...

hi there, i looooove gallery walls and there are lots on my blog, check out the "displaying art" category! xoxoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...