7.14.2008

Amigos...




Since we're away in wedding land this week I thought I'd switch things up a bit and leave you with a week of posts about five of our lovely and talented friends whom I've never posted about here before. Although we don't seem them as often as we used to, PRH and I count these folks as some of our dearest friends. All of them went to grad school with PRH and we have fond memories of our time spent in Massachusetts...many nights spent drinking PBR, singing bad karaoke, arm-wrestling, floating down the Deerfield River in inner-tubes, attending (and hosting) knitting nights, and playing fierce Scrabble matches. The first friend up to bat is Dave Cahill. Cahill (as he's known to us) is my Scrabble nemesis and also happens to be a damn good painter. I think his reference to religious art is quite witty and I love how he combines realistic imagery in such a surreal way. You can check out more of Cahill's work here and his blog here. This is also artwork that you could buy for a boyfriend or husband and not want to hide away in a back closet or "man den".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...