6.16.2008

Special guest...


Just popping in quickly to let you know that I'm a Special Guest over at Poppytalk (one of my very favorite blogs) this week. I'll be posting here as usual, but if you just can't get enough of me (ha)...read more here! Thanks so much to Jan for a inviting me! Hopefully I'll be a special guest and not one of those pain in the ass guests...we all have a few of them on our lists, right?

Speaking of pain in the ass (how'd you like that segue?), the images here are from a house that PRH and I looked at. We're pseudo house-hunting (aka a little freaked out about buying our first house). The photo above is what made me love this house...and the photos below are what made PRH hate it. OK...it made me a little nervous too..don't tell PRH. Behold the green room and what the agent called the "smoking room". Egads! I do see potential here, but this would be a TON of work...



I'll be back later today with my usual Monday post. Have a great day!

10 comments:

Marissa said...

Oh No! Don't give up on it! That terrible "smoking room" would make a fantastic mini library. Just imagine it with built in bookcases and a rolling ladder. I love the fireplace. Good luck on your house hunt!

m. heart said...

wow, that's exciting! it looks like that top room has wonderful light. i have a soft-spot for houses that need a bit of tlc.

Leila said...

Oh! I really love the "green room". Can't get on board with the "smoking room" though, I'm afraid :) I live in a place where there is no possibility of buying a house so I'm going to live vicariously through my favorite blogs. So keep us updated on the hunt! Good luck.

Kelly Lynn Jones said...

congrats on your guest blogging on poppy!

katherine said...

I, too, live in one of those places where it's impossible to buy a house. I see all these pictures and think POTENTIAL.... Maybe you could start collecting smoke frames?

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

I'll be sure to keep you all posted! :)

Arthur's Circus said...

By smoking room, does that mean that the walls are meant to be white and the yellow / brown is nicotine stains? We helped some friends a little while ago re-paint their kitchen and living room as the previous owners smoked inside and there were noticable marks on the walls where artwork etc had hung. Saying that though, a bit of scrubbing, patching and paint can do wonders. The first room looks fantastic.

Lindsay said...

I love built-ins, and the green room is calling to me. Think of all of the studio storage you cold have with these, or the collections you could display. Houses in Buffalo have so much character! Even though I love our house, it still makes me want to move back...we could be neighbors :)

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Natalie- yes, the walls should be white, but are yellowed from smoke. GROSS.
"Lindsay"- move back...please!!!
Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement. We're still looking. :)

sosser said...

love that house! and doesn't a lot of potential always = a lot of work? good luck and enjoy the looking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...