6.17.2008

It...



Checking in a bit earlier than usual today. We're having a few friends from school over for dinner tonight...and I'm going to pretend to celebrate the end of a bad day at home with not-so-EZ E. How do stay-at-home moms and dads do this?! He made me crazy ALL day long. If he wasn't biting me, he was pinching me or screaming at the top of his little lungs. Now, of course, he's sitting quietly with his dad trying to fish a Cheerio out of his shirt. Sweet relief. I did manage to distract myself during EZ E's too-brief nap with blueblythemonster's (aka Blythe Church's) flickr page. I saw her typewriters on Automatism recently (always good finds there). Lori also tagged me, so here are my answers to her questions:

1. What did you do 10 years ago?
I was working as a bartender at a dive bar and being very irresponsible in every possible way. It was kind of fun actually.

2. Five items on your to-do list today:
Clean. Be nicer. Get ready for our dinner party. Find a rug for our living room. Wrap my dear friend Kris's birthday gifts!

3. Snacks I enjoy:
Baked chickpeas, popcorn, and salt + vinegar chips. Anything salty.

4. Places you have lived:
We moved one year ago from Amherst, Massachusetts to Buffalo, New York. I've also lived in Owego, Binghamton, Rochester, and Syracuse...all in New York state. Quite a world traveler, eh?

5. What would you do if you were a billionaire?
Give money to educational programs (specifically to the ARTS), help better fund libraries, and give money to my two favorite museums: The Eric Carle Museum and MASS MoCA. I'd also travel and not freak out about buying a house. :)

6. People you want to know more about:
My grandparents and their parents.

I'm really bad at tagging, so feel free to answer the questions in the comments if you want to play along. Also, be sure to check out more of Blythe Church's work here.

10 comments:

automatism said...

Thanks for the mention -- and for being a sport, too! Needless to say, your own great blog is a daily read for me ...

Lori
:-)

Jogirl said...

OOOOOhhh love the little typewriters very cute...Jogirl

Jogirl said...

OOooh love the typewriters, and sooo here you about your day...could it be teeth? Jogirl

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks, Lori! And jogirl, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's teeth and not that he's going to be a biter forever. :)

Leila said...

This sounds like a fun list so I'm going to take up a lot of comment space here!

1. What did you do 10 years ago?
I was in school (high school! -- sometimes I feel like time flies and then I have a question like this and it seems to not go by so quickly as I'd thought)

2. Five items on your to-do list today:
Do the dishes!, finish my knitted grocery tote, watch my netflix'd Garbo movies, make dessert for my husband-cooked dinner

3. Snacks I enjoy:
Ice cream! I'm with you on the salty though -- my favorite ice-cream place in OK has a wonderful chocolate almond ice cream that is a little salty -- the BEST!

4. Places you have lived:
Oklahoma (several places there), Brooklyn

5. What would you do if you were a billionaire?
I'm not sure that I'd know what to do with that much money! I'd buy a house in the country though. And my dad always teases me about buying him a sailboat so I'd probably do that, to be silly. Beyond that, it's anyone's guess. . .

6. People you want to know more about:
Buckminster Fuller -- he seems to have been a bit of a nut and there's an exhibit on him coming up in NYC soon!

Leila said...

Oh, sorry! I just saw on automatism how the "tagging" is SUPPOSED to work so I guess I'll go over and take up a lot of space on my own blog. So the list is there.

Merry Magpie said...

Eric Carle is AMAZING. “Mr. Seahorse” is the best book ever made. We saw an exhibit at the Tacoma Art Museum in 2006. Ok All done.. Have a great day.

Andrea said...

I tell myself Saoirse only bites the ones she loves - that's after I've sworn at the top of my lungs of course. Those teeth are like little needles.
Have his one year molars come in? I think that's when we had our "feast on mommy" phase.

Love the typewriter.

And thanks for the funding plug!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Merry- Eric Carle is totally amazing (and a very sweet man in "real life").
Leila- thanks for playing! :)
Andrea- he hasn't gotten those teeth yet, so maybe that's it. I hope.

[.L.] said...

hey abbey! i've recently joined the blogging ranks and am fumbling around finding people... and i just found you!

as a response to your "world traveler" comment- I wanted to tell you that I have gone from Sodus, NY to Oswego, Buffalo, Rochester and am now back in Sodus. I too am quite the traveler... oy. someone get me out of this state!

i hope you guys are smiling and that summer is treating you as well as it should..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...