6.10.2008

Head for the hills...


I know that sometimes you all must think, "where the hell does she come up with some of these bizarre posts?!" and sometimes I have absolutely no idea. In this case I actually do though. A few nights ago I was having trouble sleeping and tried to make myself fall asleep by reading Guy Debord's The Society of the Spectacle. The bookmark I had left from my previous (failed) attempt was a photo of a grass staircase torn from a magazine. Instead of reading...or sleeping...I closed my eyes and thought about grass stairs. No matter where they are they look extraordinarily elegant. Here are some images that I found to share. The photo above is from Edith Warton's estate called The Mount located in Lenox, Massachusetts (the photo was taken by heaodrast). The photos below are from Sylvia Newman, a designer based in the UK...


alice 74 (also taken at The Mount...road trip, anyone?)...

Chris...


Londonlens (who has a beautiful Steps and Stairs set of photos, btw)...


and kobi & yael...


What do you think? Would you like grass stairs as much as me? I suppose you have to own a house first...or at least a hill of some sort. Hmmmmmm. We'll have to get on that. Perhaps if we all go in on it together?

3 comments:

blog.OWER.bust said...

I don't think I have ever seen grass stairs before this. But now that I have, I love them! I would love to have a perfectly green set of stairs leading up to my house- or down from it in the backyard. I'm not picky.
-Heidi

Laur said...

a grass staircase seems like the perfect place to hold a wedding. . . to bad I live in south Florida, our idea of a hill is the local landfill :(

sosser said...

i would totally have a grass staircase! i'm putting one in as soon as i win the lotto :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...