6.11.2008

Buffed in Buffalo...







PRH and I love Buffalo. There...I've said it. We're in love with Buffalo. When we were planning to move here a little over a year ago, we thought, "This will be a quick stay. Buffalo is going to S-U-C-K." But in all actuality it's one of the best towns we've ever lived in (and, trust me, we've been around the block). I truly don't understand why this town gets such a bad rap. The snow? It isn't that bad. The crime? Not bad for a city. The economy? We just need more artists and designers to come live here and make it even better.
So, in honor of our love for Buffalo, I thought I'd start a weekly post about the town that we love and call home. There's so much to offer here and it's about time Buffalo starts getting props for being the great art city that it is. We walk everywhere (another great thing about this city) and I always take my camera. This week's post features some photos from our walks. To me, the most inspirational images are mundane things that may not seem very inspirational at first. This may be a weird place to start, but I happen to like graffiti and I also like the way it looks when it's been buffed out (or painted over). Here are some photos of buffed out Buffalo. Welcome to our city!

6 comments:

Anabela said...

Oh, I'm looking forward to it! I love Buffalo. The Albright Knox is great and there are so many beautiful buildings downtown, even if it is a bit of ghost town in that area.

Rachael said...

Now you see why I was so sad to leave Buffalo! I still think about where I'd like to live if I moved back and I still miss Sunday mornings at Amy's Place.

ilana said...

yeah, abbey! i'm so happy to read this for two reasons 1) i love those painted-over place in buffalo...there are so many! 2) buffalo is growing on me as well, and i completely understand this bizarre-not-certain love for this city in which we dwell.

mimulus said...

hey, I think buffalo has a bright future. james howard kunslter thinks so...google him. all that great water! wiht gas prices soaring buffalo is poised for a comeback in a big way!

Robin said...

There is a cool indie documentaty called "The Subconscious Art of Graffiti Removal" that I saw a few years ago. You might enjoy it!

Karen said...

Yay Buffalo! I love your blog and have often hoped you would post more about the city (I went to college there). Looking forward to this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...