6.04.2008

Amazing times 100...


I spent most of the day in the studio, but then rather guiltily snuck off to the thrift store before I had to pick up EZ E. I found a beautiful Eva Zeisel plate that was made by Hallcraft . I don't know much about her, but was blown away by her work that I've found on the internet. I think we need to make a trip to the library tomorrow so I can learn more about her...well, learn more and sit in fabulous mid century Finn Juhl chairs. The Buffalo central library is amazing. OK, sorry, back to Eva Zeisel. Here are a few images of her work, which is more amazing than the Buffalo central library. The image above is from Notes on a Party. Image below from The Met...


christ-o-phile...


and sproutgirl74...


You can learn a bit more about Eva Zeisel here. She's 101 years old. One more...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

5 comments:

Leila said...

Wow!! I LOVE that set in the top photo. I've never seen anything quite like that. Please keep us posted on anything else you might find out.

Audrey said...

Crate & Barrel carries Eva Zeisel designed dishes called Classic Century. They are the same forms and shapes as the patterns she designed for Hall China. I thought about buying some of the newer pieces because her vintage Hall dishes are in such high demand now and so getting equally high prices. Check out a Hall China collector's guide - mine includes all of the patterns she designed for Hallcraft, and they are all drool worthy!
~Audrey

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

I couldn't find anything at the library today, but I'll continue my search and keep you posted. :)

Eleanor said...

Very, very pretty. I would love some for my wedding tea party. I'm going to look her up and see what I can find.

sosser said...

you might enjoy vivienne strauss' visit to eva zeisel's home and studio on flickr...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25682088@N04/sets/72157604678954661/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...