6.03.2008

Addict...


Hello. My name is Abbey and I'm a craigslist addict. I found the Mulhauser chair and my most recent purchase, a cowhide rug, (both pictured above) on craigslist. It's also where we found my beloved mom-mobile (aka volvo wagon of my dreams). To be perfectly honest the cowhide rug does't really work in the room and EZ E had an allergic reaction to it, so if anyone wants a black and white cowhide rug for $100 plus shipping send me an email (hownowdesign [at] yahoo [dot] com). First come, first served. Strange cowhide allergies aside, I've found such great things on there and thought I'd share my search list. It's really an interesting glimpse into my bizarre habits/interests and it may give you ideas when you're searching craigslist in your town. I'm hoping it'll also encourage some of you Western New Yorkers to snag finds from under my nose so I stop purchasing miscellaneous furniture just because "it's such a great deal"! Are you ready? Here it goes...

antique bed, antique cabinet, antique couch, antique headboard, antique sofa, armoire, bed +queen, bentwood, bertoia, black chair, book case, book shelf, butcher block, cabinet, card catalog, catherineholm, chair, charley harper, chesterfield, clipboard, contemporary, cork, couch, cowhide, credenza, danish, deco, denmark, dental, design within reach, dwr, dutch ,dwell, eames, eero, farm table, fiberglass, fiberglass chair, foot stool, hand, hand chair, handpainted sign, headboard, herman miller, hex sign, heywood, heywood wakefield, hoosier, ikea, industrial, juhl, killim rug, knoll, leather chair, library, locker, lounge, lounge chair, mail, mail sorting, medical cabinet, metal desk, metal lawn, metal table, mid century, mixing bowl, mod, mod table, modern, mulhauser, old cabinet, old chair, old office, old school, orange couch, orange sofa, ottoman, outdoor, oval table, penny rug, plycraft, plywood, plywood chair, pouf, pyrex, queen bed, queen head board, rattan, rattan stool, recliner, recliner -ugly, retro, retro +bed, retro chair, retro couch, retro furniture, retro sofa, rubber duck, rug, rug +killim, rug +round, saarinen, scandinavian, school, shelves, shipping container, shoe rack, show rack, sideboard, sofa, stool, swiss, table, teak, thonet, tree, tuft, tufted, tulip, tulip chair, unusual, unusual chair, upholstered bed, upholstered headboard.
Happy hunting, my dears!
(P.S. If you have any "MUST search" words that aren't on this list, let us all know by leaving a comment.)

3 comments:

Abbey Goes Design Scouting said...

I love it! Craigslist = wonderful.

Elizabeth said...

right now, it's "french doors".

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

Me too: let me see: couch, papasan, chaise, dining chairs, balcony chairs, concert tickets, monet picture. Oh and I found my home and job on there too - lol!
:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...