5.04.2008

Suzy B...

susan b anthony
For some reason, last week I was thinking a lot about airbrushing and feminism (what a combination) and decided that I absolutely needed an airbrushed portrait of Susan B. Anthony. So, we went to the mall and here she is. I will admit that it's extraordinarily tacky (I insisted on the florescent pink dress), but I'm kind of in love with her. I had it done at the Rainbow Airbrush Co. and then stretched the t-shirt onto a canvas. I'm planning to incorporate her into an installation, so she probably won't live in our dining room for very long.

Oh, and here's some lovely ranuculous I picked up this weekend...just in case good old Suzy B. is making your eyeballs burn.

ranuculous

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

ooh - what a great idea! that's quite a statement! I want to see more. :>

kate so said...

I was reading, "A Cup of Jo," and saw that there was a new Cookie house tour. Right away I recognized that it was your home. The pictures and interview were great!...congrats!

Michelle C. Moode said...

Susan B. Anthony? Airbrushing? Nothing could possibly make more sense.

I still owe you dolls....am I the only one? They're done, I'm just sealing them..

casapinka said...

THAT IS A FREAKING AMAZING IDEA. I LOVE THIS!!!!!!

Courtney K said...

I'm obsessed with airbrushing, excellent idea!!

casapinka said...

I just posted this at Casapinka.

d. chedwick said...

Love the Suzy B artwork !

karen beth said...

I love the airbrush art! What a neat idea.

Love the ranunculus too. I plan to plant mine this weekend. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...