5.10.2008

Small school...



PRH, EZ E, and I went to MASS MoCA and the Williams College Museum of Art today. Julie Mehretu (top) and William Kentridge (bottom) had work at Williams and both exhibitions were just gorgeous. We've been fans of Mehretu and Kentridge for a while and we couldn't believe that their work was at a small school tucked into the hills of Western Massachusetts. MASS MoCA is my favorite museum and we saw one of the best exhibitions that I've EVER seen there. I took a ton of pictures and will share them tomorrow. This is one of the images by artist Edward Burtynsky (below) that I really liked though...

5 comments:

cookie said...

love william kentridge! we are from the same country.
and image by edward burtynsky is excellent!
great taste..
love

cookie said...

have just added you as a contact on flikr.
love

needle and dime said...

Have you seen Manufactured Landscapes? It's a really cool documentary about Burtynsky's work. The exhibits look like a lot of fun. I'm hoping to get to MassMoCA in the fall and now am extra excited!

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

tell me you went to the clark while you were there?!?! Just discovered the blog, btw--love it!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

I haven't seen Manufactured Landscapes- I'll have to check it out. And sadly we didn't get a chance to stop at the Clark...our next visit I hope.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...