5.28.2008

Old school...




We're heading to pick up my much-deliberated-about new mom-mobile (a Volvo wagon...not new, just new to me) and going to a BBQ for a friend who's moving away, but I thought I'd pop in quickly and share some drawings that I finished up. Today was only the second solid day I've spent in the studio in about a month. I've been wondering why I've been so anxious and out of sorts lately and finally realized that it's because I haven't been in the studio. Anyways, here are three drawings in preparation for an exhibition called Old School at Uppercase Gallery. There's a pretty amazing list of artists (and I can't believe I'm on that list). I wasn't nervous before, but wow. The man with the mustache is my great-grandfather. I've used this image before, but just can't get enough of that facial hair! Impressive, right?

7 comments:

A.Hope said...

I love the circle drawings! Where are you working from in upstate, going to school?

ps- your studio space looks amazing from the pictures on flikr :)

cheryl cambras said...

Wow, these are great! Congrats on the show. And that mustache is outstanding!

AVA said...

Love your artwork! and I bet you'll do fine at the exposition..no worries ;)

wish I had a grandfather with such a mustache though.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks, everyone! A. hope, we live in Buffalo and I'm in my 2nd year of grad school. Fun, fun!

sosser said...

these drawings are terrific! it's no wonder to us you are included in a show with great artists :)

(i drive a 20 year old volvo wagon and it is the BEST car i have ever had... enjoy!)

Ellie said...

these are so beautiful! thanks for posting them!

poppy said...

looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...