5.26.2008

I'd like to know...



Today is Monday, so that means it's time for I'd like to know, a weekly post dedicated to talented artists, designers, musicians, etc...all people I'd like to know and who I thought you may like to know of too. Today I'd like to know...Robert Bechtle, whose work I discovered via flickr of all places. I have two younger brothers (I'm the oldest...surprised?) and both have always been into anything with wheels. My dad would take us to car shows all of the time, so I suppose that's why I love old cars and was so impressed by these photo-realistic paintings. I've never heard of Bechtle, but he was in the 2008 Whitney Biennial and his work is in museum collections all over the world. Where have I been?

2 comments:

PB Chick said...

I interviewed this artist two months ago (on pbchick.com) - I saw her work at a show and loved her use of vintage cameras as inspiration.

www.jessicalibes.com

Joanna Goddard said...

yes, he is such a talent! thanks for this post xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...