5.06.2008

Color scheme...



I'm incredibly sentimental (just ask my best friend whose eraser collection from fifth grade I still have). EZ E's first birthday is less than one month away and I'm obsessed with making his birthday special (like he'll remember). I can't believe that I've turned into one of those freakish moms who makes a huge deal out of their kid's first birthday party...I'm turning into my worst nightmare. I made this birthday garland for him today, figuring that we could start a tradition and use it every year on his birthday...well, at least until he's too embarrassed about it. I also thought it would look cute above his crib. This is the front with the animals and the back has removable "Happy Birthday" letters. It should probably say, "ABBEY IS A FREAKSHOW" instead. We're having the party at my parent's house and I'm hoping that they'll paint all of their lawn furniture orange to match the color scheme of the party...I'm kidding!!! That would be crazy!

8 comments:

Molly said...

discovered your blog on nesting:cookie blog. loved the house tour!

xo
molly
www.mollysfavoritethings.com
www.elmerboys.blogspot.com

kat said...

Love the turq and orange combination, and there is NOTHING wrong with being sentimental : ) Sure it will be a fantastic celebration.

Elizabeth said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!! I love orange, too, and am totally in love with this.

And you are not a freakshow. We take for granted that our babies will be one. Many cultures of the world make a -much- bigger deal about first birthdays than we do because this is sadly not the case. Celebrate away!

Elizabeth said...

p.s. there is a garlands group in flickr... :>

sophia said...

first birthdays are so special...and sweet. it was an unexpected (but nice) suprise that i got teary eyed when i was singing "happy birthday" to my little guy for the first time.
have fun and enjoy the momentous occasion.

Jessica said...

Hope everything goes as you planned for the first birthday!

Andrea said...

Hey Abbey! What a great banner - he's going to love it. I thought Saoirse's first b-day was all for me too, but she really got a kick out of all my crazy decorations. And I'm not just saying that to make myself feel better...I swear.

Katie Runnels Graf said...

your garland is sooo amazing and sweet! your Ez will always remember how much you loved and cared!! i can't get over how awesome it is! xo, katie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...