5.15.2008

Collected...


Often what I admire about collections isn't what they actually are, but how they're arranged. Such is the case with these vintage brooches. Don't get me wrong...I like me some vintage brooches (yet another damn collection that I have squirreled away). Today's Collected post features beautifully arranged brooches from loves me not (above), Amy Artisan...


Design_Ski...



and suzanneduda...



These have inspired me to do something with my hidden enamel pins. I especially like the idea of collecting just one color...perhaps yellow. Can you tell I'm obsessed with yellow lately? Maybe it's because I can't wear yellow. It makes me look sick. I'd love to see an entire wall covered in yellow (or maybe even green) enamel pins. Uh oh...new obsession!!!

11 comments:

sweetcheese said...

Gorgeous! But I only have two enamel flower pins. Damn--now I have to go find more.

Liz said...

I too have a strange love for the color yellow, yet look awful in it. I love the broach designs! Please keep posting the progress of your blossoming collection.

Sherry said...

What is happening with the nesting dolls? I am waiting with baited breath to see more. Please post more soon. Thanks!

Joetta said...

so pretty

Tiffany said...

I too am a vintage jewelry junkie, and LOVES me some cute pin action! You've totally inspired me to do something funky and cute with mine so that they are on disply and not hidden in a drawer.

I just love your blog!! I'll be back for sure,
Tiffany

amy korngiebel said...

love these. fantastic post! i'm with you on the color yellow. i'm drawn to it like a wasp, but i can't wear it. sad.

purple said...

Lovely idea!!

cookie said...

and to think i threw some of these out!!
uuggghhh.
so cute and colourful!
love

Bill Turner said...

Those are fantastic. The bright colors remind me of the confetti we saw in Italy a couple of months ago:

http://flickr.com/photos/billturner/2392035049/

Dorit Elisha said...

Great blog and what a cute collection. I have a very similar one! (see my blog:http://lifeasafiveringcircus.blogspot.com/)

AlicePleasance said...

These are fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...