5.17.2008

Biggest fan...



Sorry for missing yesterday. EZ E and I are traveling about again this weekend...my best friend is getting married so we're helping with shower plans. I thought I'd share the rest of the photos from our trip to MASS MOcA. This top piece is by Jenny Holzer. This was in a huge room with giant bean bags on the floor and you could lay on the bean bags and watch the text move around the walls and ceiling. In the past I haven't been a huge fan of Holzer's work (although I do think she's a very important artist), but this completely won me over. It was so beautiful! This bottom piece was in the Kidspace at MASS MOcA and is by artist Devorah Sperber. These pieces are made using spools of thread! I'd never heard of Sperber before and loved this exhibition. The folks at MASS MOcA consistently choose amazing contemporary artists and create inspiring exhibitions. I wonder if they could create a position for me as their biggest fan?!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...