4.15.2008

Much inspiration...




Since I've started working on a much larger scale than ever before, I've been looking at artists whose work is large-scale.  Folks like Barry McGee, Margaret Kilgallen, Diana Cooper, Cody Hudson, Clare Rojas, and Jim Houser are all amazing and have been a source of much inspiration. This is an installation by Clare Rojas at the Ulrich Museum of Art in 2006. I've been a fan of Rojas's work for a long time and can't believe that I've never mentioned her here before. I'm sure that these artists will continue to inform what I'm doing and will definitely come into play this time next year when I'm writing my thesis (h-o-l-y-c-r-a-p). I'll be sure to share any other artists that I stumble across, but also wanted to see if you have any suggestions...or if you want to write my thesis! Come on...you have a whole year!

2 comments:

sharon said...

WOW. Diana Cooper is amazing. Thanks for sharing. Hope all is better on the teething forefront. Henry blew out 6 teeth in one month! It was unbelievable. The top 4 were like a picket fence emerging in different parts but all at once. Lots of tylenol and hugs and nursing (if possible). Wishing you good rest when you can.

sosser said...

these links are amazing. i would love to see all of this in person someday...

(the idea of writing a thesis makes me break out in hives. you are a brave woman)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...