4.21.2008

I'd like to know...


Today is Monday, so that means it's time for I'd like to know, a weekly post dedicated to talented artists, designers, musicians, etc...all people I'd like to know and who I thought you may like to know of too. This week I'd like to know...Laura Fayer whose work I found via Another Shade of Grey. Not only is her work beautiful, but she has a section on her website called "Paintings in the Studio & Home".


Isn't that brilliant?! I wish more artists would add sections like this to their websites (I definitely plan to when I finally finish my website). It really gives people a better sense of the work...what do you think? In a lot of ways these remind me of our friend Marcie Paper's work. Like Marcie's paintings, I could just look at these all day long. As usual I had trouble choosing which images to post, so here are a bunch...




5 comments:

sk8ordiehard said...

ack! I'd posted a comment yesterday but Blogger was being a booger so it didn't go through.

I remember the first time I saw her work (which is soooo gorgeous, isn't it?) it reminded me of a cross between your work and Cindy Jaswal's.

I love it!

meg said...

oooh, i just love this work. I like the small unexpected areas of color.

Shannon Lowry said...

I completely agree about showing the art in a space. And I love her work. thanks for posting!

stephanie levy said...

Both of these artists make beautiful work. Thanks for helping me discover them!

Jamie Watson said...

oh my gosh, I love this woman's work. Thank you for finding it! I like your blog, too! must poke around a bit more. (-: Found via 'sweet as a loon bird'.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...