4.02.2008

Freak attack...



Not much to report tonight. I'm kind of freaking out because I have first year MFA grad reviews tomorrow. My artist's statement is not working out and I didn't get as much done on a new drawing as I would have liked. I also sent out packets to a ton of galleries this morning, something I always get a stomach ache over (the drawings above were included on the CD). In general, I'm just a sad sack today. However, rather than dwelling on my freak-attack, I thought I'd share a few photos.
After going on and on recently about my love for typewriters, I never thought to mention our wedding rings...that is until our friend Lisa left a comment on that post. So, here is my wedding ring...PRH made mine and I made his (his is an A)...


and here are some photos from around the studio today...




Serenity now.

6 comments:

electropositive said...

Abbey,

You should help grant me some of that serenity for my thesis show (which is still approx. 65% done)

And, whatever those professors say to you, your works were definitely one of the best ones in that show.

Kathleen said...

I'm sorry you're freaking out. Happens to the best of us. If it is any comfort, I really think you work will speak for itself--and in my opinion that is how you know work is good. I remember in art school it was always the people that came to class with some long drawn out explanation of what they did who had typically not done something all that great. Best of luck in your review:)

Jen Bradford said...

Sending you positive energy for tomorrow - it looks fab from here. Someday when you have time and brain space I would love input about what you include in mailings to galleries.

Your wedding ring is the best!

Victoria said...

You seem to be amazingly talented, and I am sure you will do just wonderfully. Best wishes. And by the way, that is the coolest wedding ring I have ever seen!

automatism said...

Just wanted to join in and also wish you good luck with the review ... though I'm sure you'll be great ... :-)

Lori

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the support! XO, Abbey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...