4.24.2008

Collected...



Today was my last day of teaching for the semester and as I was leaving school I thought, "I'm going to go buy myself a treat...ooooohhhh....I'm going to go get a new wooden spoon". I then quickly realized that I'm kind of a dork if my idea of a treat is a new spoon. However, as Abby of Abby Try Again pointed out, wooden spoons seem to be sort of trendy. So perhaps I'm not a dork after all...I'm just jumping on the trendy spoon bandwagon. Dorky or not, this week's Collected post features lovely spoons from a variety of collectors. The top image is from skinnylaminx and the image directly above this is from stuartking. Here are some others from danske...


and penwren...

simply photo...


and lastly, an image from frangrit's beautiful photostream from a book called The Wooden Spoon, illustrated by Catherine Cambier...

4 comments:

thewindhover said...

I love collecting kitchen utensils! and there's really nothing like another nice wooden spoon for stiring porridge or playing the pots and pans... Ah, but my real love are cookie cutters!

Jessica said...

beautiful curves on these spoons and i love the different stains.

Meg said...

I should break out some mineral oil for my "lefty spoon" i to give it the nice sheen some of those have. Spoons (and chopsticks) are the favorite utensils at our house.

stephanie levy said...

What a nice idea. I really like the spoon collection photos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...