4.10.2008

Collected...



We have a baby with THREE teeth coming in at the same time this week...and it sucks.  I sometimes think that I'm doing a disservice to some of you by not owning up to how hard this whole baby/grad school/new city thing truly is. That's not to say that it's impossible or that I would do it any differently, but damn...this is hard! When I was pregnant I thought, "grad school won't be too crazy because I would've gone back to work full-time anyways."  Working full time versus the incredible personal investment that comes with graduate work is quite different than what I expected.  I do consider myself lucky to be in this position, but today is one of those days where I'm so exhausted that I seriously question the decisions I've made with regard to graduate school. I always do this...I write these really confessional posts and then I delete most of what I've written.  I'm doing things a bit differently this week because this week has been challenging and I don't have it in me to pretend otherwise.  This week's Collected post features a beautiful pottery collection to zone out on.  It belongs to Mieke Tacken and I first noticed Mieke's collection through Peggy's flickr favorites. I've posted Mieke's globes before and have admired her photos for some time. I hope that her photos bring you much inspiration and I promise that I'll be back tomorrow...minus all of my bitching.

6 comments:

sue said...

we all do it and i dont know how but we all get through. hang in there it is all worth it.

Jen Bradford said...

It's funny, one of her photos says "I am not exotic, I am exhausted" - maybe that is your theme for this week. You'll bounce back. E. is lucky to have a Mom who is delighted by so many things every day - it's a very big deal, I think.

sophia said...

i truly admire you for doing what you do! seriously impressive. i'm a stay at home mom (and feel so fortunate for that!) but know that i'm definitely not that together to go back to school. kudos to you for doing something you believe in!

Robin said...

Hi Abbey, I'm a lurker and just want to send you a hug. I'm a mom of a 10 month old and while I'm not in grad school, I do work full time at a demanding job that requires a lot of personal investment & travel. It really is hard, no two ways about it. Just wanted to reach out and let you know you're not alone! Enjoy the weekend as much as you can!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks everyone! You're all so sweet! XOXO, Abbey

Joanna Goddard said...

you are so strong and wonderful and do so much. you amaze me! good luck with the teething babe :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...