4.20.2008

Cleaning house...



I have a ten page paper due this week. Did I finish it yet? No. Instead I found every possible way to procrastinate that I could. PRH and I spent last night moving furniture. We have a room off of our dining room that PRH had been using as his studio, but I've always hated how it's right by our dining room and doesn't have a door. When it gets messy in there...and it can get pretty damn messy...we have no way of closing it off. Since EZ E is only 10 months old, we decided he could give up a little privacy so that mommy wouldn't rip her hair out. We swapped his room with the studio and voila! EZ E has a new room and PRH has a much-needed space of his own minus my constant complaining about messiness. It's a win win. I still need to hang the panels in the door (wool panels from ikea), hang the artwork (painting above f.p. by Jim Delucia), and fix up the fireplace. I wish I could paint it and knock away the stucco patch. Instead, my father-in-law cut these wood pieces for me and I'm going to glue them to a board (when I should be writing a paper) and have PRH install it where the opening used to be. Maybe I can turn this in for a grade?

2 comments:

Freshly Found said...

What a delightful idea - the wood will look so much nicer than that stucco. Great to have a father-in-law who is so handy!

sosser said...

your place looks terrific. i love the way you put things together... and that new spring banner is smashing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...