4.05.2008

Abstract...




I seem to be all about the artists this week. It's probably because of all of the art openings we've been going to lately...well, that coupled with my first major critique. All of the second year MFA grads are presenting their thesis exhibitions, so we've been attending one show after another for the last couple of weeks. Today was beautiful and warm...the perfect day for an art opening (although I have to admit that the stench of urine at one locale forced us to end our evening a bit early). One of my professors sent me a link to artist Cynthia Ona Innis today. She said that elements of my work reminded her of this artist, which I take as a HUGE compliment because I'm now completely in love with Innis's work. Pretty fabulous, don't you agree?

2 comments:

Jen Bradford said...

Wow - thanks for sharing her work! Delicious.

jess gonacha said...

fabulous INDEED! what amazing work. and i can see the similarity to your work, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...